The Role of Fathers and Keys to Mentoring
Open to current volunteers and partners only.
About the course
This course aims to enable care volunteers first to have a positive sense of the inmates by affirming and showing love to the inmates and giving practical care with empathy to the inmates.
The course encourages Reflective & Practical learning with awareness of oneself in relation to attitudes, behavior, and communication towards ex-offenders.
This 2 hours training will cover:
Part 1 (7-8pm)
1. Issues of Fatherlessness
2. Wounds incurred and inflicted
3. Establishing Moral Authority
Part 2 (8-9 pm)
4. Impact of Fatherlessness on offenders
5. Heplful responses to fatherlessness
Q & A (9-9.30pm)
About the trainers
Wee Boon Choon- Elijah7000
Boon Choon consults, speaks and trains in areas relating to Service Skills, Conflict Management, Stress Management, Effective Team Building and Communication, Parents Coaching Teens. He holds a Master of Social Science in Professional Counselling and practices Transactional Analysis and is trained and certified in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. He is also a certified 6 seconds EQ Coach and has facilitated many groups in the area of service and coaching individuals for peak performance.
He is also a Facilitator for:
1. Father Teens Conflict Programme for the past 8 years, Marriage Prepare & Enrich Facilitator with EMCC(Eagles Mediation Counselling Centre)
2. I CAN & Breakfast with Dad for CFF(Centre for fathering)
3. Core Team Member for TWNAF(The World Needs A Father, a global fathering movement)
4. Actively involved in the E7K Fathers Prayer Altar movement.
Jason MK – Elijah7000
Jason MK has been a Correctional Rehabilitation Specialist (Prison Counselor) for the past 17 years and is trained to work with families of offenders. He is also very passionate about eradicating fatherlessness by turning the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers. He is involved with the Elijah 7000 fathers since 2015.