Thank you for visiting our website. Prison Fellowship Singapore (PFS) is committed to ensuring that personal information is protected and managed in accordance with Singapore laws, international good practice and individuals’ rights. We collect and use personal information in order to help us offer individuals appropriate information on our programmes and initiatives.
Data Protection Policy
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) establishes a data protection law that governs the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data.
PFS recognises that the privacy of your personal data is important to you. PFS is committed to treat all personal data with due confidentiality, in accordance with the relevant data protection laws of Singapore. PFS’s Data Protection Policy aims to help you understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data.
In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
Collection, Usage and Disclosure of Personal Data
When asking for your personal information, PFS is committed to the following:
explaining why we need personal information and only asking for the information we need protecting the information we are given and making sure that only those who need access are able to do so only sharing the information within the PFS and with other organisations where such sharing is necessary or where we have the individual’s consent.
PFS collects your personal data in the following ways:
- When you register your interest in volunteering for PFS
- When you subscribe to our newsletters
- When you participate in our marketing campaigns
- When you register for our events or programmes (e.g. Volunteer Training, Prayer Meetings)
- When you contact us to share your stories
- When you provide us with your details at events, campaigns and meetings
PFS may use your information for the following purposes:
- To contact you for programmes which you have signed up for
- To inform you about programme updates
- To respond to enquiries pertaining to our programmes
- To send newsletters which you have subscribed to
- PFS may use your photographs for publicity purposes on our various platforms
- We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
- We will not offer or share your personal data with third parties outside of Prison Fellowship Singapore for commercial purposes, without seeking your consent.
- We will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless requested by relevant government or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority.
We may disclose your data to third parties in order to facilitate our programmes and initiatives. We would work closely with such third parties, and adopt appropriate security measures in collaboration with them to ensure that your information remains secure and confidential.
PFS may disclose your information for the following purposes:
If you have signed up with PFS in our programmes, we may share your information with:
- Insurance companies for insurance coverage
- Government agencies which require security clearance
- Partners assisting PFS with logistics and programme facilitation
- Clinics/Hospitals for medical assessment
We may also share information with government agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place.
To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are protected with
Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
- have any question or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records,
please contact us at email@example.com
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customise the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorised employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.
©2018 by Prison Fellowship Singapore