- How can I apply to volunteer?
To volunteer for any of our programmes you will need to fill out a Volunteer Form. Someone from our team will contact you and help you get involved, once we receive your form.
- What if I don’t have much time?
You can still get involved. How about giving financially to our work or joining our mailing list?
- Who can volunteer?
Anyone who shares the vision of Prison Fellowship Singapore as a Christian organisation can get involved. We are an organisation that welcomes diversity. We have volunteering opportunities for a wide range of ages, skills and availability.
- What will I get out of the volunteering experience?
Our volunteers all choose to put their faith into action, for a variety of reasons:
- Many feel inspired by seeing the change God brings into the lives of prisoners
- Others see volunteering as their chance to use their skills and experience to give something back to the community
- Volunteering can also be a very social activity and a great way to meet new people
- Why do I have to go through the application process?
We ask all our volunteers to fill out a Volunteer Form because volunteers who work with prisoners may come into contact with confidential and sensitive information, and not everyone is suitable for this role. These procedures are in place to protect our volunteers, and we appreciate your patience and cooperation with this.
- Do I need any particular skills to volunteer?
We believe that each person can contribute in a meaningful way, through the many programmes under Prison Fellowship Singapore. However, for some roles there may be a particular skill or qualification required. Training will be offered by Prison Fellowship Singapore for any role that requires it.
- Will I receive training?
New volunteers will receive basic training and induction. You will also receive additional training for any specialist roles you choose to volunteer for.